Close

    • Dig race - FBO 2018 Ford Mustang GT Coyote 10-speed auto vs. E92 335xi w/ hybrid N54 turbos

      This is a good race to see from a dig and obviously traction favors the all wheel drive 335xi. The new 10-speed automatic transmission in the Mustang GT is very stout with extremely quick shifts making it tough to beat and the Coyote is updated with a dual injection fuel system.


      This 335xi is running a FrankenTurbo hybrid setup with bolt ons tuned on E30.

      The Mustang has full bolt ons and is tuned for E85.

      The 335xi pulls impressively and you can hear just how quickly the Mustang shifts.

      A run from a roll would be great to see in addition but the 335xi takes this one from a dig.


      This article was originally published in forum thread: Dig race - FBO 2018 Ford Mustang GT Coyote 10-speed auto vs. E92 335xi w/ hybrid N54 turbos started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 11 Comments
      1. onurleft's Avatar
        onurleft -
        Where is the original video?

        Impressive considering Frakenturbo's put out around 30-35 less hp than Pure600s (small guys) on the same car with no changes to tuning on our dyno
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onurleft Click here to enlarge
        Where is the original video?
        Huh? Are you saying this was edited?

        Somebody sent me this from Facebook.
      1. ekks's Avatar
        ekks -
        The 335xi pulls impressively and you can hear just how quickly the Mustang $#@!s.
        I watched it several times and I just can't see when this happens Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ekks Click here to enlarge
        I watched it several times and I just can't see when this happens
        Ok ok... you got me.
      1. Aces's Avatar
        Aces -
        I'd like more details on the 335. Whp or boost would be nice.
      1. NCE9X's Avatar
        NCE9X -
        Hey fella’s, I’m the owner of the 335xi. A few details about the car, it’s a 08 with frankenturbos, tuned by David Shoup on e30 stock DI only. This is the fastest NA 10 speed in my area, it is FBO on e85, with a drag pack and suspension modifications, he doesn’t spin much. This race had a $400 pot that I took home, and also roll raced him from a ~20 roll~ Off the flash light. (He requested a 20, I wanted a 40. Decided to beat him at his own game) Not a slow car by any means, for reference. I gave another 18 10 speed that was intake/exhaust on a tire, e85 a 2 car lead in a dig, and still won by a car.
      1. NCE9X's Avatar
        NCE9X -
        is the 20 roll race between the mustang and e92
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NCE9X Click here to enlarge
        Hey fella’s, I’m the owner of the 335xi. A few details about the car, it’s a 08 with frankenturbos, tuned by David Shoup on e30 stock DI only. This is the fastest NA 10 speed in my area, it is FBO on e85, with a drag pack and suspension modifications, he doesn’t spin much. This race had a $400 pot that I took home, and also roll raced him from a ~20 roll~ Off the flash light. (He requested a 20, I wanted a 40. Decided to beat him at his own game) Not a slow car by any means, for reference. I gave another 18 10 speed that was intake/exhaust on a tire, e85 a 2 car lead in a dig, and still won by a car.
        Thank you for the additional details.
      1. Aces's Avatar
        Aces -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NCE9X Click here to enlarge
        Hey fellaís, Iím the owner of the 335xi. A few details about the car, itís a 08 with frankenturbos, tuned by David Shoup on e30 stock DI only.
        I'm curious about the power your car makes. Frankinturbo dynos vary so much it's hard to get a good estimate. Have you ever dynoed it? Are you pushing the limits of the DI? Boost? Thanks.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NCE9X Click here to enlarge
        the 20 roll race between the mustang and e92
        Looks like you got him by about a car length there? Good run.
      1. NCE9X's Avatar
        NCE9X -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Aces Click here to enlarge
        I'm curious about the power your car makes. Frankinturbo dynos vary so much it's hard to get a good estimate. Have you ever dynoed it? Are you pushing the limits of the DI? Boost? Thanks.
        The car is a sub 500whp car (to my knowledge). Dyno day we quickly diagnosed a HPFP at the end of its life. Baseline made 451awhp, and we had to dial it back to 427 due to rail pressure up top. Since then I have replaced the HPFP with a slightly used unit, and am running 22psi on e30. I would estimate 470-500awhp.