Close

    • Dodge finally offers the 707 hp Hellcat V8 as a crate motor for $19,530

      Set to be officially revealed at SEMA is the Dodge Hellcat V8 crate motor program. No doubt enthusiasts are already foaming at the mouth thinking of all the vehicles this engine could be swapped into. What car couldn't use a 707 horsepower V8 with forged internals and 2.4 liter twin screw blower?


      How much will the motor run you? $19,530. Not cheap. However, that is retail and some dealers already advertise the engine at around $15k. When you factor in the tuning potential this is a steal.

      There is also a Hellcrate swap kit being offered for putting the engine in pre-1976 cars:


      Oh, and this all includes a warranty too.

      • Hellcrate (Hellcat engine assembly): part 68303089AA, $19,530
      • Hellcrate Engine Kit: part 177072452, $2,195
      • Front end accessory drive: part 177072492, $675
      • Air filter element: part 177072491, $100

      Now what to swap this engine into? How about a RAM truck or maybe a Wrangler?

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Dodge finally offers the 707 hp Hellcat V8 as a crate motor for $19,530 started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 5 Comments
      1. subaru335i's Avatar
        subaru335i -
        You could buy more than 3 of those Honda type R crate motors for the price of this and then you could have 12 cylinders and over 900hp. Best bang for your buck! lol.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by subaru335i Click here to enlarge
        You could buy more than 3 of those Honda type R crate motors for the price of this and then you could have 12 cylinders and over 900hp. Best bang for your buck! lol.
        Yeah but at the end of the day you still have three Civic motors. No thanks.
      1. subaru335i's Avatar
        subaru335i -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Yeah but at the end of the day you still have three Civic motors. No thanks.
        Yeah it was a joke.
        $19k does seem kind of steep for this hellcat engine though. I would rather have an LSX crate motor.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by subaru335i Click here to enlarge
        Yeah it was a joke.
        $19k does seem kind of steep for this hellcat engine though. I would rather have an LSX crate motor.
        You can get it for less as mentioned in the article Click here to enlarge
      1. subaru335i's Avatar
        subaru335i -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You can get it for less as mentioned in the article Click here to enlarge
        Ah $#@! i missed that part. $15k is better.

        I still would probably rather have an LS Click here to enlarge